If this is an emergency, call 9-1-1 immediately! From a University phone, obtain an outside line and dial 9-1-1.
1. Do you think that a crime has occurred and/or you want information about the criminal process? Contact your local police department or the Rutgers University Police Department (RUPD) at 732-932-7111.
|Rutgers-New Brunswick Campuses||RUPD New Brunswick||732-932-7111|
|City of New Brunswick||New Brunswick PD||732-745-5200|
|City of Piscataway||Piscataway PD||732-562-1100|
|Rutgers-Newark Campus||RUPD Newark||973-353-5111|
|Rutgers-Camden Campus||RUPD Camden||856-225-6111|
2. Are you the victim of a crime? Contact Violence Prevention and Victim Assistance at 848-932-1181.
3. Are you reporting non-academic misconduct by a Rutgers University student? Use our online reporting form. Someone from the Office of Student Conduct will contact you. While you can anonymously report behavior, please note that we are sometimes unable to take any action from anonymous reports.
4. Do you wish to report an incident involving sexual harassment or sexual misconduct? Contact Student Affairs Compliance and Title IX.
5. Do you wish to report an incident involving other forms of discrimination or harassment?
- If the alleged perpetrator is a faculty or staff member, contact University Human Resources at 848-932-3020.
- If the alleged perpetrator is a student, contact the Office of Student Affairs Compliance at 848-932-8576.
- You may also report a bias incident to the Bias Prevention and Education Committee through the online reporting form.
6. Are you an instructor wishing to report an academic integrity violation? Complete the Academic Integrity Reporting Form. If you wish to speak to a staff member before filing a complaint, please contact Dylan Sorkin, Coordinator, at 848-932-9414.
7. Are you a Rutgers University student who believes you have been mistreated by a faculty or staff member? Please contact the Ombudsperson for Students at 848-932-1452.